The B&N Columbus, OH office has delivered practical infrastructure solutions for a variety of traffic studies, feasibility studies and safety studies. Interested in working with some of the top transportation experts in the industry? We are expanding our team and are looking for an entry level Traffic Engineer to join us in making a positive impact on the quality of life in the communities we serve. B&N has been ranked 12th in the Road & Highway firm category by Roads & Bridges Magazine in its annual "Go-To List for Design Firms".
What an entry level Traffic Engineer job is all about:
- You have the opportunity to be part of a project team, collaborating and learning from experienced PEs & PTOEs and be mentored by industry leaders in transportation
- You’ll grow and develop skills including traffic engineering tasks, technical skills and project management and business development
- You will support experienced engineers on transportation projects, including traffic modeling and analysis, safety analysis, and traffic forecasting
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program
- 0-4 years of civil engineering experience, prior relatable internship/co-op experience strongly preferred
- EI/EIT certification and a desire and ability to ultimately become a PE
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to collaborate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Synchro and HCS required; experience with VISSIM and TransModeler is considered a plus
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
- Strong interest in transportation engineering and motivated to improve the efficiency and safety of transportation systems
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.