At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Interested in working with senior-level civil engineering professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? We are looking for a Project Engineer, Water/Wastewater to join our team in Columbus, OH.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Perform project management functions on both design and construction aspects of water and wastewater treatment projects similar to our recently completed CEPT project for the City of Columbus at Southerly WWTP. Other typical projects include upgrade of existing treatment plants and/or design of new facilities for the City of Columbus and other municipal clients.
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline team of design professionals to deliver General Engineering Services to the City of Columbus
- Create an exemplary client experience throughout the project delivery
- Monitor performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk
- Opportunity to provide training, coaching, and mentoring for junior level staff
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Ohio PE registration, or ability to obtain through reciprocity
- Minimum 5-10 years of design experience with water/wastewater treatment or construction industry
- Proven project delivery and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with AutoCAD required; experience with Revit, WaterGems or BioWin is desirable
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.