At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Looking for a position with a diverse workload in an open and supportive environment? We’re looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our corporate IT team in Columbus to help evaluate business needs and ensure they are effectively met through management of essential IT systems.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Meet regularly with business stakeholders to understand technology needs and challenges. Create proposals and develop solutions to challenge the status quo and drive innovation through interactive engagement with stakeholders, peers, and the CTO.
- Develop and maintain internal IT systems, with an emphasis on applications and services.
- Research, propose, and maintain IT cloud services. Ensure integration with on-premise systems using automation tools, scripts, etc .
- Identify and research user questions and problems, coordinating referrals to appropriate technical staff.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or related area
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in computing systems and general IT infrastructure support in a Microsoft environment
- Availability for system maintenance and issue resolution on-call, after hours
- Expert understanding of current Microsoft technologies, including Azure and Office 365 cloud services. Experience with other cloud services is a plus.
- Familiarity with server and storage virtualization technologies like VMware and Datrium
- Virtual desktop or remote desktop (VMware VDI/Citrix) support experience is preferred
- Ability to communicate technical solutions in non-technical terms to enable collaboration with leadership and end-users in developing successful solutions. Focus on communicating positive solutions and empowering end-users to be successful with technology
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.