Jump start your career and apply for our Traffic Engineer position in Columbus, OH ! We are looking for a motivated and passionate individual to work as part of our transportation team on challenging and interesting projects in Ohio and throughout the U.S. B&N has been ranked 12th in the Road & Highway firm category by Roads & Bridges Magazine in its annual "Go-To List for Design Firms".
What an entry level Traffic Engineer job is all about:
- You have the opportunity to be part of a project team, collaborating and learning from experienced PEs & PTOEs and be mentored by industry leaders in transportation
- You’ll grow and develop skills including traffic engineering tasks with a focus on traffic control design including traffic signal systems, freeway ITS, signing and pavement marking, lighting, and construction traffic control as well as traffic engineering studies and project management and business development
- You like a wide variety of tasks and projects and help develop cost effective and creative solutions to our clients
- Make a positive impact on the quality of life in the communities we serve
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program or on track to complete within 6 months
- 0-2 years of civil engineering experience with prior relatable internship/co-op experience strongly preferred
- EI/EIT certification or ability to obtain within 6 months and a desire and ability to ultimately become a PE
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to collaborate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Familiarity with Microstation preferred
- Strong interest in transportation engineering and motivated to improve the efficiency and safety of transportation systems
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.