At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Interested in managing the corporate IT infrastructure and data processing planning functions for a multi-discipline engineering firm? We're looking for a IT Infrastructure Manager to join our established IT group in Columbus, OH office with 10 or more years of related experience integrating technology with day-to-day business activities such as virtualization technologies, data/voice communications, project management, database management, security and CAD systems.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and plan for the company’s information technology architecture including all aspects of daily operation for both voice and data networks ensuring that systems are up-to-date, operational and functional at all times.
- Manages planning for resource availability, capacity and scalability of all hardware, software, network and communication systems.
- Installs, implements, configures and monitors equipment and software/firmware for all components of the company LAN, WAN, storage and servers.
- Ensures IT Systems are continuously available to employees and are kept up-to-date in support of our production project and administrative work functions.
- Coordinates activities of the IT Infrastructure team with the IT Support Services team, Partners with the IT Support Manager to ensure smooth functioning of all PC, virtual desktop, and server systems in conjunction with activities of the team.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from an accredited college or university
- Ten or more years of directly related infrastructure management and planning experience
- Recent experience managing a small team of IT Administrators
- Experience with VMware ESX and Horizon View VDI configuration and administration; networking and network virtualization, Nimble Storage systems administration, Windows Server 2008+; SQL Server 2012+
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with professionals in a fast-paced environment
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.