Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Take your career to the next level by applying for an entry level Roadway Engineer position in our Columbus, OH office.
What a Roadway Engineer job is all about:
- You will have an important role on project teams developing preliminary engineering and final design for challenging transportation projects that improve the quality of life in the communities we serve.
- You will develop design skills including developing horizontal and vertical geometry layout in the latest modeling software packages; 3D surface models; roadway drainage designs; and detailed construction plans and specifications for freeways, urban streets, pedestrian facilities, and bikeways.
- You will collaborate daily with and learn from experienced transportation professionals with national experience.
- Curious about other types of projects you could be working on? Check out our Planning and Highway projects. Want to see more? Click here
Would you like to join an organization that develops talented people into industry leaders and seeks to solve our clients’ most challenging problems and meet their most important goals? To make an impact you need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- 0-4 years of engineering experience preferably with prior relatable internship/co-op experience
- EI or EIT registration preferred and a desire and ability to ultimately become a PE
- Excellent communication skills and a strong desire to collaborate
- An eagerness to learn and develop
- Technological savviness
- Microstation/GEOPAK and working knowledge of Bentley Open Roads is a plus
Our roadway design team consistently provides our clients with unique, effective, and practical solutions. We have delivered innovative projects such as Ohio’s first diverging diamond interchange, single point urban interchange, and multilane roundabout. We also designed Ohio’s first SmartLane project, which will use the shoulder of I-670 for traffic during peak times to alleviate peak congestion. We help clients create “complete street” corridors that maximize economic development opportunities for communities and provide an inviting place for people to walk and bike.
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, competitive pay, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.