Make an impact.
Your career. Our communities.
Civil Engineer Co-op
Position ID: 2568
- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: HS
- Registration: (Not Specified)
- Required Skills: Civil Engineering ; Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today to start acquiring professional skills in a workplace-based learning environment while earning an income at B&N.
Interested in working with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? B&N has a full-time, summer semester opening for a Civil Engineering Co-op in our Columbus, OH office.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
Working with a team of experienced engineers, assist staff performing field services for Sanitary Sewer Evaluation Surveys. Assist with flow monitor installation, data processing, smoke testing and dyed water testing for municipality and/or city improvement projects.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Current student in good academic standing pursuing an degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- Strong interest in civil and/or environmental engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Housing and transportation to/from work is the responsibility of the co-op, parking provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to view our
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement.