- Minimum Experience: 7 years
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: Civil 3D; Infrastructure; Microsoft Office; Site Development; Utilities
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Burgess & Niple is seeking an experienced Civil/Site Engineer with site development and utility infrastructure experience to join our team in Cincinnati, OH. Are you looking for more leadership opportunities as you advance your consulting career? Take your business development, staff leadership and project execution skills to the next level.
B&N Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- Manage projects and provide technical leadership for the section while advancing your business acumen.
- Develop client relationships and grow business in civil site engineering and utility infrastructure disciplines.
- Perform as a lead civil engineer, prepare reports, construction plans, specification and cost estimates for site developments, public works, and utility infrastructure projects.
- Participate and lead staff in project field work for the collection of data, site assessments, field verification, design solutions and related functions.
- Participate in proposal preparation and lead day-to-day project activities.
- Collaborate with other discipline leaders throughout the firm on business development and growth related to civil/site engineering business throughout Kentucky, SW Ohio and Indiana.
- Mentor and develop staff for the Cincinnati civil/site engineering business growth objectives.
- Monitor performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk.
- Serve as client manager and/or project manager for selected clients/projects.
- Participate in strategic business planning, development of client relationship programs or assignments, and assessment of new business opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Ohio PE registration, or ability to obtain through reciprocity within 6 months of hire
- 7+ years of related experience in site design and/or land development and site utilities design
- Client management and project management exposure
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the ability to use virtual collaboration tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.#LI-DNI