- Minimum Experience: 15 years
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: Civil 3D ; Infrastructure ; Microsoft Office ; Site Development ; Utilities
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
- Vaccination Status: Burgess & Niple is collecting vaccination data where legally permitted, all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate showing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals unable to be vaccinated where required by law.
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in twelve states and the District of Columbia and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we seamlessly collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Burgess & Niple is looking for an experienced Senior Civil/Site Engineer with site development and utility infrastructure experience to help lead our team in Cincinnati, OH . This position provides an excellent career advancement opportunity for candidates looking to expand their business development staff leadership and project execution skills.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Manage projects and provide technical & business leadership.
- Develop client relationships and grow business in civil site engineering and utility infrastructure disciplines.
- Perform as a lead civil engineer, prepare reports, construction plans, specification and cost estimates for site developments. public works, and utility infrastructure projects.
- Participate and lead junior level staff in project field work for the collection of data, site assessments, field verification, design solutions and related functions,
- Participate in proposal preparation and lead day-to-day project activities.
- Collaborate with other discipline leaders throughout the firm on business development and growth related to civil/site engineering business throughout Kentucky, SW Ohio and Indiana
- Mentor and develop staff for the Cincinnati civil/site engineering business growth objectives.
- Monitor performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk.
- Serve as client manager and/or project manager for selected clients/projects.
- Participate in strategic business planning, development of client relationship programs or assignments, and assessment of new business opportunities.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Ohio PE registration, or ability to obtain through reciprocity within 6 months of hire
- 15+ years of related civil /site and utility infrastructure experience. Preference will be given to candidates with 5+ years managing Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan Sewer District (GCMSD) projects and Business Case Evaluation (BCE) development.
- Proven client management and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and AutoCAD Civil 3D
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes your choice of medical plan, dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, flexible spending or health savings account options, basic life insurance/short term & long term disability coverage at no cost to the employee, option to purchase supplemental life insurance, bonus program, flexible hours, hybrid work schedule options, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.