- Minimum Experience: 10 years
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: Microsoft Office ; Water/Wastewater
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in twelve states and the District of Columbia and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we seamlessly collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Burgess & Niple is looking for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer, Sewer Rehabilitation to join our fast-paced, dynamic team in Louisville, KY, Evansville, IN or Cincinnati, OH, working primarily on water/sewer line evaluation, recommendation, and rehab design projects. Other potential assignments may include a variety of wastewater utility projects (gravity sewers, force mains, collection systems, lift stations, waterlines, booster pump stations, storage tanks, etc., depending on previous work experience) at various stages of development; from preliminary design to construction.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Work with project team members throughout the region to fill a leadership role to continue building our experience in sewer collection system rehabilitation. Work with our other pipeline rehab experts in Columbus, Ohio and our Texas offices to grow our market share of these types of projects in the Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana region.
- Manage projects and provide technical leadership for the design of wastewater infrastructure projects focused on collection system rehabilitation, but potentially including gravity sewers, lift stations, force mains, waterlines, booster pump stations, storage tank, etc. design.
- Coordinate with, train/coach and guide junior design staff in developing and delivering these types of design projects.
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience for designated water/wastewater clients.
- Work with project team members throughout the region to complete design tasks and production of construction documents for projects large and small.
- Collaborate with other design professionals throughout the firm on project pursuits and technical challenges.
- Participate in strategic business planning, development of client relationship programs or assignments, and assessment of new business opportunities.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- PE registration in KY, IN or OH; or the ability to be registered with reciprocity
- NASSCO: PACP required; MACP/LACP registrations preferred or ability to obtain within 6 month of hire
- 10+ years of related civil and utility infrastructure experience, experience completing Collection system rehabilitation projects, other water/wastewater design experience is a plus.
- Good communication skills, organization skills, team player, and detail oriented. Individual can complete tasks independently with little or no direct supervision, resolving problems without assistance; but is also able to work collaboratively on large projects with several other professionals.
- Software experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with AutoCAD, Civil 3D and/or Revit is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and written communication skills.
- A willingness to work with others inside B&N in a collaborative environment; a willingness to grow into an internal expert role throughout the region and potentially the entire company. There is opportunity for periodical travel and an opportunity to make a big impact throughout B&N.
- An interest and excitement about growing our market share in this type of work throughout the Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana region; an entrepreneurial mindset. There is opportunity to grow this practice and to advance at B&N in the process.
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools.
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm.
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes your choice of medical plan, dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, flexible spending or health savings account options, basic life insurance/short term & long term disability coverage at no cost to the employee, option to purchase supplemental life insurance, bonus program, flexible hours, hybrid work schedule options, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.