Ready to take on a meaningful project team role? Take your career to the next level by applying for an entry level Roadway Engineer position in our Cincinnati, OH office.
What a Roadway Engineer job is all about:
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a project team, collaborating and learning from experienced civil Professional Engineers
- You’ll grow and develop skills such as preliminary engineering and final design tasks. This will include horizontal and vertical geometry, roadway/drainage design, grading, surface modeling, cross sections and construction details
- You’ll get to work on a wide variety of tasks and projects. In this role you may prepare construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, transportation studies and reports for freeway, urban streets, bikeways, and roundabouts for ODOT and local Governments
- You’ll get the opportunity to make an impact right away. As an organization, we reward innovation and are always looking for new perspectives.
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- 0-4 years of engineering experience preferably with prior relatable internship/co-op experience at either an engineering consultant or public government.
- EI or EIT registration or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire and a desire and ability to ultimately become a PE
- Good communication skills to make an impact on projects for our clients
- Tech savviness with MicroStation/GEOPAK and Microsoft Office, working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is a plus
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, competitive pay, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, telecommuting, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.