At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? B&N is looking for an experienced Civil Engineer – SWMM Modeler to provide modeling services across the firm and build a modeling team. This position may work out of our Columbus or Cincinnati, OH office.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Actively lead the Storm Water Management Modeling and design of stormwater and sanitary sewer projects
- Create an exemplary client experience throughout the project delivery. Typical projects will include sanitary sewer capacity evaluation, inflow and infiltration studies, pump station and force main modeling & evaluation, sanitary and stormwater master plans
- Collaborate with other leaders throughout the firm on project pursuits and technical challenges
- Opportunity to provide training, coaching and mentoring of other staff
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil or environmental engineering program
- PE registration in the State of Ohio or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- 7+ years of related experience, including prior experience with building, running and evaluating output from SWMM (PC, XP or Info) Hydraulic Model
- Proven project delivery and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Software proficiency with SWMM, MSOffice Suite is required, experience with Civil 3D a plus
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that incudes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.