Interested in working with some of the top transportation experts in the industry on innovative, award winning highway & street projects? Desire to be part of a team that is leading many “firsts” for our clients, including ITS and TSMO applications such as the I-670 SmartLane project, innovative interchange designs, transportation manual development, and complex intersection designs?
Want to be an integral part of growth strategies that flex your marketing and business development skills to grow B&N’s client and project base in Idaho? Want an opportunity to grow a new market with a well-established company dedicated to expanding the Idaho and Pacific Northwest presence? Interested in working with a highly motivated group of local engineers?
We are expanding our team and are looking for a motivated Senior Roadway Engineer in our Boise, Idaho office to join us in making a positive impact on the quality of life in the communities we serve.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Actively lead projects for Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) and local agencies, including coordination with internal staff with other B&N offices
- Lead quality review processes ensuring that local and state standards and preferences are met
- Maintain oversight of project scope and schedule
- Delegate work as needed to support staff
- Provide training and mentoring for entry level staff
- Actively engage ITD and local clients across Idaho
- Participate in development of new office, establish client relationship programs or assignments, and assess new business development opportunities
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program
- PE registration in the State of Idaho
- Minimum 10 years of related experience required, prior experience with ITD and local agencies a must
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment and manage junior staff members
- Software proficiency with MicroStation/InRoads, and MS Office Suite is required. Experience with Bentley OpenRoads and Geopak is a plus
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location.