At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Interested in working with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? We're looking for a Bridge Design Engineer in our Meridian, ID office. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual to with the desire to learn and grow.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the design and production of bridge plans for major ITD and local agency projects.
- Maintain quality control of the work product and successfully complete projects on time and within budget.
- Coach junior level staff and collaborate with other PE’s.
- Proposal development and client relationship management.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program.
- P.E. License in the state of Idaho.
- Software experience in Microstation and Microsoft office; Merlin Dash or MDX, LEAP Bridge or Midas a plus.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with clients in either the public or private sector.
- Seven plus years of related bridge design experience.
- Self-motivated and adaptable including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools.
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm.
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.