At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Senior Water/Wastewater Design Engineer for our Austin, TX water/wastewater team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead and coordinate the design and planning of challenging water/wastewater projects, build client relationships, and serve in a significant role in building B&N’s business in Texas. The Senior Water/Wastewater Design Engineer will be supported by a staff of technical experts throughout the firm, as well as a strong corporate business development team. Typical projects will include wastewater system design (gravity sewer, force main lift station, and metering systems), water system design (pipelines, booster stations, storage tanks/reservoirs), storm water and site drainage design, wastewater treatment plant infrastructure design, and construction phase related services.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with, train/coach and guide Austin junior design staff in developing and delivering design projects.
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience for designated water/wastewater clients.
- Based on relationships and technical abilities, serve as client manager and/or project manager for selected clients/projects.
- Monitor performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk.
- Collaborate with other design professionals throughout the firm on project pursuits and technical challenges.
- Participate in strategic business planning, development of client relationship programs or assignments, and assessment of new business opportunities.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Texas PE registration, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- 10 years of experience in water/wastewater/utilities design
- Strong CAD/Civil 3-D knowledge and demonstrated abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Experience with ArcGIS in utility mapping applications
- Strong client management and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable, tech savvy that includes the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
Preference will be given to candidates with 12+ years of experience with 5+ years of experience leading projects and managing clients in Texas.
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.