- Minimum Experience: 5 years
- Education: BSCE or Eq
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: AutoCAD or Microstation; Bridge Inspection; Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Collaborate with some of the top bridge experts in the industry, participate in strategic business planning for our Texas operations, develop client relationship programs or assignments, and assess new business opportunities.
B&N Bridge Inspection Engineer Responsibilities
- Be a part of a team of Professional Engineers, Engineers-In-Training, and Bridge Inspectors inspecting large bridges and structures around the U.S., utilizing advanced rope climbing techniques
- Be responsible for documenting and reporting bridge conditions for routine or special bridge inspection assignments in accordance with National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS) while mentoring and training team members
- Write reports and analyze load ratings of bridges and culverts working with DOT’s, counties and/or municipalities to assess bridge infrastructure
- Prepare drawings in Microstation or AutoCAD, providing recommendations to clients for forward action
Skills & Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET-accredited program in civil, structural or equivalent engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration in the state of Texas or ability to obtain through reciprocity within six months
- 5+ years of professional experience with bridge inspection, report writing, and load rating
- NHI/FHWA Inspection and SPRAT Level 1 certifications are desired
- The ability and desire to climb large bridge structures, able to withstand high levels of physical exertion including walking, climbing, bending, carrying, and lifting up to 60 lbs. of equipment
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (up to 40%) throughout the U.S.
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving history is a must
- Microsoft Office and AutoCAD and/or Microstation proficiency required; BrM & BrR or other Bridge Inspection & Design/Rating software experience is highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.#LI-DNI