- Minimum Experience: 4 years
- Education: BSCE or Eq
- Registration: Engineer Intern or Professional Engineer
- Required Skills: (Not Specified)
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is currently seeking a Project Engineer (Water/Wastewater) to join our Austin, Texas office.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- You jump at the opportunity to collaborate with Professional Engineers and Design staff
- Assisting the community, you live in or serve by proving professional services to enhance the economy and quality of life
- You want to participate in delivering projects related to land planning, site design, feasibility/cost opinions and final civil construction plan design
- You have a passion for learning and developing your skills creating bid/contract documents
- Change is not a scary word to you; You thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves with client needs
- You enjoy interacting with clients, governing agencies and the public and don’t mind occasional construction administration duties and field / site visits
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering degree program
- EIT certification required
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in the state of Texas preferred
- 4-6 years of related design experience of wastewater collection, pumping systems, treatment, storage, reuse, disposal facilities and utility infrastructure design
- Prior design of water distribution, pumping systems, treatment, and storage facilities
- Experience in utility district and municipality management and consulting a plus
- Experience with TCEQ permitting for water and wastewater systems a plus
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- General understanding of drainage design, including storm drainage system, detention/retention design, stormwater quality design)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.