Interested in working with some of the top water experts in the industry? Burgess & Niple is seeking Civil Engineering Co-ops for Summer Semester 2020 in our Akron, OH office to gain experience in manhole inspection in the field and in the office.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
As an important part of the project team and under the supervision of Professional Engineers, the co-ops will perform manhole inspections throughout the sewer systems of the Cities of Akron and Canton. This will provide increased knowledge of municipal infrastructure in a real life application of civil engineering. Locating manholes using GPS, taking pictures using a tablet, and inspecting for infiltration, cracks and deformity are the main goals for this work. You will be able to gain both field and office experience.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Current Civil Engineering student at an ABET accredited college or university
- Ability to team-lift manhole covers up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, squat and reach
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and mobile devices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work outdoors
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Akron residency is highly preferred.
Housing is the responsibility of the co-op. Typical work hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m, Monday - Friday.