A strategic safety plan tailored to a community’s needs is critical for safer transportation systems. B&N’s process of working with clients and stakeholders to develop safe systems starts with planning and ends with implementation and design.
B&N’s transportation safety team’s philosophy is to start at the beginning – utilizing analytics and input to really understand the safety challenges and work until solutions are in the ground. We then help clients implement solutions to safely move the traveling public with consideration to all types of traffic – vehicular, cyclist and pedestrian.
Safety data analysis
- Network screening and systemic analysis
- Highway Safety Manual evaluations
- Field investigations
- Safety performance evaluations
- Detailed recommendations and cost estimate development
- Performance Based Practical Design (PBPD) solutions
- Strategic Highway Safety Plans
- Regional and Local Road Safety Plans
- Road Safety Assessments
- Transportation safety planning workshops
- Innovative data collection
- Safety communications and engagement
One Team. One Goal. Zero Fatalities.
See how each step of B&N’s safety process guides you through planning, study, design and implementation. Learn more