Quick response in emergency situations is critical. Safety is paramount. B&N’s design of the new Fire/Crash Rescue Station at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base reduced emergency response times and incorporated new features to ensure the safety of rescue workers.
Response times from the B&N/Messer team also were critical to this project. When undocumented utility systems on the construction site were discovered, team members responded quickly with reconfigured utility designs, allowing construction to stay on schedule.
The award-winning facility also is equipped with an energy efficient mechanical system that allows more environmental control for less capital cost and comfortable surroundings for personnel who live and work on site.
- 7 Apparatus Bays Serving the Flight Line
- 7 Apparatus Bays Serving the Land Structures
- Base Emergency Communications Center
- Base Fire Station Administration Headquarters
- Fire Station Supply Storage
- Operation Support Space
- Living, Recreation and Dining Areas
- 2006 Honor Award for Concept Design from the Air Force Materiel Command
- 2007 Honor Award for Facility Design from the Air Force Materiel Command