The Spring Hill Park and RECenter is located on a 22-acre property owned by the Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA). The park features a wide range of facilities including baseball fields, hiking trails, multi-purpose athletic fields, picnic areas, playgrounds and a 44,000-square-foot recreation center.
B&N provided on-call multidisciplinary professional services for Spring Hill Park under an open-ended contract with FCPA. Services for this project included:
- Site design for an addition to the recreation center and a parking lot expansion
- Civil design and geotechnical engineering for three new synthetic turf fields
- Testing and inspection services for infiltration and construction of the stormwater management and Best Management Practice (BMP) facilities
- Expansion of the existing stormwater management facility to include underground detention and conversion of the extended detention dry pond into a wet pond facility with micro-pools
- Design of additional BMP facilities using Low Impact Design (LID) measures to reduce volume and improve quality of stormwater runoff including porous pavement, vegetated swales and infiltration basins
- Bioretention facilities
In 2016, the RECenter addition earned LEED Silver certification. The project also received a 2015 Award of Merit in the Build-to-Suit Institutional Facility Under $20 Million category from the Northern Virginia Chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP).