Burgess & Niple was retained by the City of Wadsworth to evaluate a potential new wellfield located along Chippewa Creek in Wayne County. The objective of the investigation was to determine potential aquifer yield and groundwater quality. The new wellfield is being developed as a supplement to the City’s existing wells.
Project activities included:
- Reviewing existing geologic and hydrogeologic data
- Conducting a 30-day pumping test
- Sampling and analysis of groundwater at the wellfield
- Evaluating test data to determine specific aquifer characteristics
- Determining wellfield long-term safe yield
- Providing recommendations for wellfield development