Ohio has the fourth largest rail infrastructure, the second highest number of intermodal terminals in the nation. Ohio is home to one of the highest concentrations of rail supply companies. Ohio’s 41 freight railroads operate over 5,132 miles of track and employ 6,914 in the Buckeye State. Ohio has been the center of rail and intermodal investment in recent years, to make the system more efficient and effective. The Rail webinar will cover a wide range of topics, including role of intermodals, main lines and short lines in Ohio’s economy, case studies on rail and shale and rail lines and industrial development.
- Moderator: Matt Dietrich, Executive Director, Ohio Rail Development Commission
- Brian Tornes, PE, Burgess & Niple
- Jeff Sunderland, AVP Marketing and Business Development, Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway
- Adam Hess, Senior Industrial Development, CSX Transportation
- Paul Jeffers, Industrial Development Manager - Ohio, Norfolk Southern Railway
- Matt Cybulski, Director, Shale Energy and Petrochemicals