At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world.
Want to work for an A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? Burgess & Niple is seeking full time or part time Project Managers for the civil engineering practice in the Hampton Roads and Richmond area offices. Successful Project Managers must have a solid technical background in stormwater, water and sewer design.
This position is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team and utilize their project management and technical expertise to lead and complete interesting and challenging projects for commercial, industrial and government/public utility clients. Growth opportunities available.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the planning and design of challenging water/wastewater projects; Typical projects will include water transmission mains, sanitary sewers, wastewater force mains, and wastewater pump stations
- Create and develop scopes of work and budgets for civil projects
- Opportunity to participate and/or lead the preparation of permitting and construction documentation preparation for land development projects, to include design of all major components of the plan (layout, grading, drainage, E&S controls, SWM/BMP)
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience
- Monitor performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring for engineering team
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- U.S. Citizen able to obtain and maintain a government issued clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with a P.E. registration in Virginia
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in civil engineering is required with previous project management execution; 12+ years of experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills, quality control, and organization skills are essential to the success of this role
- Solid civil technical background in stormwater, water and sewer design as well as knowledge of local code and regulations
- Desire and ability to work in a group setting and to mentor junior staff members supporting projects
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.