At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Want to work for an A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? Burgess & Niple is seeking an Electrical Engineer with 5 years of experience and an E.I.T or P.E. in our Norfolk, Virginia office to be part of our Architectural & Engineering team.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- As part of a project team, support the electrical design of facilities for commercial, industrial and government
- Perform building and site assessments and electrical evaluations to ensure client needs are met
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications and construction cost estimates
- Design interior and exterior lighting systems and controls, power distribution, including standby power generation and UPS systems, grounding systems and telecommunication systems
- Perform construction related services to include shop drawings reviews, response to requests for information, and perform periodic site visits to observe construction
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- U.S. Citizen able to obtain and maintain a government issued clearance
- I.T. or P.E. registration in the state of Virginia
- Five or more years of experience in related electrical design using Revit and AutoCAD
- Take ownership of assignments and perform well both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work with clients and colleagues, and thorough design documentation and detailing
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.