Make an impact.
Your career. Our communities.
Civil Engineer / Project Manager
Position ID: 2593
- Minimum Experience: 10 years
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: Business Development ; Project Management
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Are you motivated, energetic and ready to take your career to the next level? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Project Manager and Marketer for the civil engineering practice in the Hampton Roads area. Candidate must have solid technical background in stormwater, water and sewer design. This position is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our local team and utilize their project management and technical expertise to lead, and complete interesting and challenging projects as well as take a leadership role in business development. Growth opportunities available.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the planning and design of challenging water/wastewater projects. Typical projects will include water transmission mains, sanitary sewers, wastewater force mains, and wastewater pump stations. Create and develop scopes of work and budgets for projects.
- Provide key leadership in business development, including building relationships, preparation of technical proposals, presentations, and fee development.
- Opportunity to participate and/or lead the preparation of permitting and construction documentation preparation for land development projects, to include design of all major components of the plan (layout, grading, drainage, E&S controls, SWM/BMP)
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience
- Monitor performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring for engineering team
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program with a P.E. registration in Virginia.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a government issued clearance.
- A minimum of 12 years’ related experience is required; 15+ years of experience is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, quality control, and organization skills are essential to the success of this role.
- Solid technical background in stormwater, water and sewer design as well as knowledge of local code and regulations.
- Desire and ability to work in a group setting and to mentor junior staff members supporting projects.
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to view our
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement.