At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you motivated, energetic and ready to take your career to the next level? B&N is looking for an Architectural Designer with a minimum of five years of experience to join our team in Norfolk, VA.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare architectural design, construction and presentation documents for municipal, federal/military and industrial projects
- Work independently and coordinate architectural design efforts with engineering disciplines as part of a team providing design and technical leadership on select projects throughout various project phases
- Meet independently with vendors to review specific products incorporated into construction documents
- Perform code reviews and meet with local code officials to review and determine specific local code requirements
- Review shop drawings, project data and samples of materials during construction
- Conduct field visits during construction phase to monitor and review progress of construction and complete reports
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a government issued clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required from an NAAB accredited program, Master’s in Architecture is preferred
- NCARB certificate and Virginia Architectural License is preferred
- LEED accreditation is highly desired
- Five or more years of related architectural design experience and multiple building types
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD or REVIT and Microsoft Office
- Experience in 3D modeling software such as Sketchup is ideal
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.