- Minimum Experience: 5 years
- Education: HS
- Registration: Certified Bridge Inspector - FL Dept of Transp
- Required Skills: Ability to withstand all weather conditions ; Bridge Inspection ; Florida Dept of Transp experience ; Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Collaborate with some of the top bridge inspection experts in the industry to conduct thorough inspection, assessment and documentation of transportation structures including culverts, girders, beams, trusses and slabs ensuring safety for the traveling public user.
B&N Certified Bridge Inspector Responsibilities
- Assess and inspect the structural components of bridges and other structures using industrial rope access and adapted climbing techniques or mechanical access equipment
- Guide and provide tasks to the Assistant Bridge Inspector as part of a project team
- Use tablet-based field note collection and processing applications to streamline field work and report writing
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years’ experience as a bridge inspector, previous team leader experience is required
- Complete understanding of the Florida Department of Transportation BrM Modules as well as the requirements and specifics set forth in each District that B&N holds contracts
- FHWA-NHI-130055 inspection of bridges course and preferably additional NHI courses
- SPRAT certification is a plus but not required
- Training in safe rope climbing techniques for bridge inspection is provided
- Maintain quality control of the work product and successfully complete projects on time and within budget
- Ability and desire to climb large bridge and other large structures and lift up to 50 lbs. of gear
- The ability to work outside 80% of the time, physical ability to move in and around bridge structures with live traffic within close proximity
- Ability to coach and provide guidance to other bridge inspection team members
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and FDOT BrM
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving history
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.