Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Bridge Inspector – Assistant Team Leader to join our growing team in Orlando, FL or Tampa, FL office.
What a Bridge Inspector job is all about:
- You will assist the Bridge Inspection Team leader in the inspection of bridges and other structures.
- You will complete tasks given by the Team Leader.
- While in the field, you will be under the supervision of the Team Leader.
- You have a willingness to learn about bridge and other structures design, maintenance and inspection practices.
What you need to make an impact
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1+ year experience in structure inspection preferred
- You will be responsible for documenting and reporting bridge conditions for routine or special bridge inspection assignments using tablets and cameras
- Ability to work outside 80% of the time, physical ability to move in and around bridge structures with live traffic within close proximity
- Can lift up to 50 lbs. of gear
- Ability and desire to climb large bridge and other large structures
- Training in safe rope climbing techniques for bridge inspection is provided
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in twelve states and the District of Columbia and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.