Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? B&N is seeking a part time Civil Engineering Intern in our Tampa office.
What you can expect as the major duties and learning outcomes:
- Work with a team of experienced civil engineers on transportation engineering projects that includes assisting with engineering analysis, pavement design, typical section packages and construction plan development for FDOT, Hillsborough County and other clients
- Gain an understanding of transportation, stormwater, and traffic engineering design elements by assisting with reports, transportation plan development, cost estimates and specifications
- Develop CAD and basic engineering analysis, design and plan production skills from Professional Engineers while becoming familiar with the consulting engineering community’s role in creating and enhancing the transportation systems in the state of Florida
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- You are a current student in good academic standing pursuing a degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited college or university and have completed at least two years of your undergraduate degree
- You have a strong interest in transportation, stormwater, or traffic engineering; previous internships are a plus
- You can’t wait to learn and develop transportation engineering skills and gain autonomy as your capabilities progress
- You want to flex your skills with Microsoft Office and Microstation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Self-motivated and adaptable, tech savvy that includes the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
Housing and transportation to/from work is the responsibility of the intern
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.