At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Interested in working with senior-level civil engineering professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? We are looking for a Bridge Design Engineer to join our team in Painesville, OH.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Design of structures in the field of civil transportation including bridges, culverts, retaining walls and noise barriers
- Maintain quality control of the work product and effectively complete projects on time and within budget
- Coach and mentor junior engineers through computations and plan development
- Proposal development and client communications
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- 4+ years of bridge design experience
- PE registration or EIT certification with the desire and ability to ultimately become a PE
- Software experience Microsoft Office required. Experience with AutoCAD & Civil 3D, Microstation, Geopak, OpenRoads and structural analysis software experience in MDX, Conspan, or RC Pier is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with clients in either the public or private sector
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more. Compensation commensurate with experience.