Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? We're looking for an entry-level Transportation Engineer to join our team in Painesville, OH working on preliminary civil engineering and final design for local and state roadway improvement projects.
What a Transportation Engineer job is all about:
- You jump at the opportunity to collaborate with Professional Civil Engineers and design staff
- You want to be part of a team that delivers roadway and traffic engineering calculations, analysis, designs and reports to clients
- You have a passion for learning and developing your skills preparing plans that include geometric designs, pavement rehabilitation drainage and utility design, traffic control and maintenance of traffic design
- Change is not scary word to you. You thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves with client needs
- You enjoy interacting in a team environment and impacting the community through solving transportation problems locally
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program or on track to complete within 6 months
- EI certification in the State of Ohio or ability to obtain within 6 months
- 0-2 years of related civil engineering experience with prior co-op experience strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with clients in either the public or private sector
- Understanding of and experience with Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
- Familiarity with and eagerness to learn computer aided drawing platforms such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation and Geopak/Open Roads is considered a plus
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.