At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Interested in working with senior-level civil engineering professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? We're looking for a Bridge Design Engineer in our Painesville, OH office with 4 or more years of related bridge design experience.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Design of structures in the field of civil transportation including bridges, culverts, retaining walls and noise barriers
- Maintain quality control of the work product and effectively complete projects on time and within budget
- Coach and mentor junior engineers through computations and plan development
- Proposal development and client communications
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- Four or more years of bridge design experience
- PE in the state of Ohio or ability to obtain with reciprocity
- Software experience Microsoft Office, AutoCAD & Civil 3D, Microstation & Geopak is required; structural analysis software experience in MDX, Conspan, or RC Pier is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with clients in either the public or private sector
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.