At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Senior Roadway Engineer to join our growing office in Portland, OR. This position would provide the candidate with an opportunity to lead business development and project management efforts, helping B&N grow our transportation business in state and local markets in Oregon while working closely with our Idaho and Ohio offices. The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, a self-starter and excited to grow their business development and client management skills.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the development and marketing of new office, establish client relationship programs or assignments, and pursue and evaluate new business development opportunities
- Serve as a client manager and senior project manager
- Coordinate regularly with Boise and Columbus Transportation staff on new business efforts and project design.
- Participate in hiring of Portland staff.
- Actively lead projects for Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) and local agencies, including coordination with internal staff with other B&N offices
- Lead quality review processes ensuring that local and state standards and preferences are met
- Maintain oversight of project scope and schedule
- Delegate work as needed to support staff across company resources
- Provide training and mentoring for entry level staff in Portland
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Oregon PE registration or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- Minimum 10 years of related experience required, prior experience with ODOT and local agencies strongly preferred
- Proven project delivery and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Prior experience managing junior level staff desirable
- Software proficiency with Microsoft Office and MicroStation/GeoPak; Bentley OpenRoads a plus
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.