Interested in traveling throughout the United States this summer while working with some of the top bridge inspection experts in the industry? Consider applying for the Bridge Inspection Co-op in our Portland, OR field office.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- As part of a team of experienced Professional Engineers, perform inspections of large bridge structures around the U.S.
- Work side-by-side with rope climbing experts to document and report bridge conditions for routine or special bridge inspection assignments using tablets and cameras (Training will be provided)
- Learn and develop basic inspection skills according to NBIS (National Bridge Inspection Standards)
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- A current Civil Engineering student at an ABET accredited bachelor or master program with structural focus and strong academic standing.
- You’re on track for graduation (BSCE/MSCE) in late 2019 or early 2020
- Heights don’t bother you and you have the ability and desire to climb large bridge structures
- You want to get out and travel extensively (up to 80%) throughout the U.S. over the summer of 2019
- You can handle high levels of physical exertion including walking, climbing, bending, carrying and lifting up to 60 lbs. of equipment
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving history is a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and some familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Microstation
Travel arrangements to and from work assignments outside the Portland area including airfare, hotel, and meals are reimbursed.
Local housing and transportation to/from the Portland office is the responsibility of the co-op, parking is provided on a first-come-first serve basis or for a fee at a nearby surface lot while at the office.
All safety equipment, tools and tech are provided.
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today to start acquiring professional skills in a workplace-based learning environment while earning an income at B&N.