Interested in working with senior-level professionals at an established consulting firm that values collaboration? B&N has an opening in our for a part-time, traffic focused Civil Engineering Intern in our Tempe, AZ office starting in Fall Semester 2019 or Spring Semester 2020.
What you can expect as the major duties and learning outcomes:
- Work with a team of experienced civil engineers on various traffic engineering projects such as area traffic impact studies, capacity studies, multimodal corridor studies, traffic signals planning and design, and ITS planning
- Contribute to a variety of projects which include traffic operations and analysis, signing and pavement marking, travel demand, safety studies, and general transportation studies
- Develop familiarity and skills with traffic engineering software that such as HCS, Synchro, VISSIM/VISUM, TransModeler, TransCAD and/or other traffic analysis platforms
- Assist engineers with project scoping and final design, such as developing construction plans, cost estimates and specifications using design tools such as MicroStation and AutoCAD.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- You are a current student in good academic standing pursuing a degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited college or university and have completed at least two years of your undergraduate degree
- You have a strong interest in traffic engineering; previous internships are a plus
- You can’t wait to learn and develop traffic engineering skills and gain autonomy as your capabilities progress
- You want to flex your skills with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Any experience with MicroStation will be a bonus
- You can work approximately 20 part-time hours Monday – Friday
Housing and transportation to/from work is the responsibility of the co-op, parking is provided
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.