Are you a civil or structural engineer interested in traveling throughout the United States working with some of the top bridge inspection experts in the industry? Consider applying for the Bridge Inspection Engineer position based out of our Tempe, AZ or Portland, OR office.
What a Bridge Inspection Engineer is all about:
- As part of a team guided by experienced Professional Engineers, you’ll inspect large bridges and structures around the U.S. utilizing advanced rope climbing techniques
- You will be responsible for documenting and reporting bridge conditions for routine or special bridge inspection assignments using tablets and cameras
- Learning and/or developing National Bridge Inspection Standards inspection skills will advance your knowledge of the industry
- You’ll write reports and analyze load ratings of bridges and culverts working with DOT’s, counties and/or municipalities to assess bridge infrastructure
- Bringing it all together, you will prepare drawings in Microstation or AutoCAD to assist with recommendations to clients for forward action
What you need to make an impact:
- A Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET-accredited program in civil or structural engineering or on track to complete within the next 6 months
- You’ve passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam, or if you’re an undergraduate senior, you anticipate passing it within the next 6 months
- Candidates with related projects, internships/co-ops or professional work experience up to 4 years are highly preferred
- Heights don’t bother you and you have the ability and desire to climb large bridge structures; you can handle high levels of physical exertion including walking, climbing, bending, carrying and lifting up to 60 lbs. of equipment
- You want to get out and travel extensively (up to 60%) throughout the U.S.
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving history is a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Microstation will provide an edge in your ramp-up time; desire to learn and develop emerging tech skills strongly preferred
Travel arrangements to and from work assignments outside the area including airfare, hotel, and meals are reimbursed. Of course, all safety training, equipment, tools and tech are provided!
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.