Make an impact.
Your career. Our communities.
Civil Engineering Intern, Traffic
Position ID: 2664
- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: HS
- Registration: (Not Specified)
- Required Skills: Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today to start acquiring professional skills in a workplace-based learning environment while earning an income at B&N.
Interested in working with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? B&N has an immidiate need for a Civil Engineering Intern with a Traffic focus in our Tempe, AZ office.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Work with a team of experienced civil engineers on various traffic engineering projects such as area traffic impact studies, capacity studies, multimodal corridor studies, traffic signals planning, and ITS planning
- Contribute to a variety of projects which include traffic operations and analysis, travel demand, safety studies, and general transportation studies
- Develop familiarity and skills with traffic engineering software that such as HCS, Synchro, VISSIM/VISUM, TransModeler, TransCAD and/or other traffic analysis platforms
- Assist engineers with project scoping and final design, such as developing construction plans, cost estimates and specifications using design tools such as MicroStation and AutoCAD.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Current student in good academic standing pursuing a degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Strong interest in traffic engineering, prior internship in traffic engineering is a plus
- Interest and desire to learn and develop traffic engineering skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
Housing and transportation to/from work is the responsibility of the Intern, parking is provided
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to view our
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement.