Make an impact.
Your career. Our communities.
Civil Engineering Intern, Transportation
Position ID: 2642
- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: HS
- Registration: (Not Specified)
- Required Skills: AutoCAD ; Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today to start acquiring professional skills in a workplace-based learning environment while earning an income at B&N.
Interested in working with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? B&N has a 2019 summer semester opening for a Civil Engineer Intern, Transportation in our Tempe, AZ office.
What you can expect as the major duties and learning outcomes:
- Work with a team of experienced civil engineers on transportation engineering projects for Maricopa County DOT and ADOT such as roadway scoping, engineering analysis and preliminary plan creation
- Gain and understanding of roadway and traffic engineering design elements by assisting engineers preparing traffic studies and report writing, developing construction plans, calculating cost estimates and specifications
- Develop CAD and basic transportation engineering analysis, design and plan production skills from Professional Engineers while becoming familiar with the consulting engineering community’s role in creating and enhancing the transportation systems of the region
- Learn the basics of industry specific design software, MicroStation and AutoCAD, as well as corresponding design packages like InRoads
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- You are a current student in good academic standing pursuing a degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- You have a strong interest in transportation engineering; previous internships are a plus
- You can’t wait to learn and develop transportation engineering skills and gain autonomy as your capabilities progress
- You want to flex your skills with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Any experience with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD will be a bonus
Housing and transportation to/from work is the responsibility of the Intern, parking is provided
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to view our
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement.