Make an impact.
Your career. Our communities.
Transportation Engineer, Entry Level
Position ID: 2623
- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Engineer-in-Training
- Required Skills: Civil Engineering ; Microsoft Office ; Transportation Engineering
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? B&N is searching for an entry-level Transportation Engineer to join our team in Tempe, AZ working on planning and engineering studies.
What a Transportation Engineer job is all about:
- As part of the project team, grow and develop skills including roadway and traffic studies, transportation planning, calculations, analysis, design and report writing
- Help identify issues, develop and analyze concepts (pedestrian, bicycle, roadway, transit and multimodal), recommend solutions, prepare documents and engage the public
- Perform a wide variety of transportation studies such as corridor studies, area studies, traffic impact studies and planning studies
- Change is not a scary word to you. You thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves with client needs
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- 0-2 years of experience in a related civil engineering field, previous relatable co-op experience is preferred
- EI/EIT certification or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, familiarity with GIS, traffic analysis software, and/or CAD is desired. Strong writing skills are required
- Interest in learning new methods and techniques from experienced engineers
- Good communication skills and ability to work with clients in either the public or private sector
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to view our
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement.