At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Transportation Planner to join our fast-paced, dynamic team in Tempe, AZ.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and participate in the planning of challenging transportation projects for public sector clients (e.g. DOT, MPO, Counties, Cities)
- Collaborate with stakeholders and engineering staff to identify issues, develop and analyze concepts, recommend solutions, prepare documents and engage with the public
- Opportunity to work on a variety of transportation plans such as pedestrian, bicycle, roadway, transit and multimodal
- Contribute in the development of proposals
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Completion of a 4-year degree in Transportation, Urban/City/Regional Planning, Geography (urban), or Economics preferred
- 2 + years of experience in a related transportation engineering field, prefer candidates with 4 + years of experience
- Proven verbal, presentation, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Esri GIS and MS Office is required, experience with Adobe software is desired
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.