Make an impact.
Your career. Our communities.
Civil Engineering Intern, W/WW
Position ID: 2590
- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: HS
- Registration: (Not Specified)
- Required Skills: Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today to start acquiring professional skills in a workplace-based learning environment while earning an income at B&N.
Interested in working with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? B&N has an immediate summer semester opening for a Civil Engineer Intern, Water/Wastewater in our Tempe, AZ office.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Work with a team of experienced civil engineers on various water/wastewater engineering projects, including water distribution, wastewater collection, and water and wastewater treatment.
- Assist engineers with a variety of projects such as preparing studies and report writing; field work; design calculations; and developing construction plans, cost estimates and specifications.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Current student in good academic standing pursuing a degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Prior internship in utility infrastructure is a plus
- Interest and desire to learn and develop civil engineering skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office required; experience with AutoCAD preferred
Housing and transportation to/from work is the responsibility of the co-op, parking is provided
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to view our
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement.