At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Interested in working with some of the top transportation experts in the industry? B&N is looking for a Roadway Engineer with a PE and a minimum of four years of experience to join our team in Parkersburg to seek, win, and deliver new projects.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Project Manager and/or lead roadway design expertise for preparation of design studies and highway construction plans for agencies such as WVDOT, ODOT, and local governments
- Work independently and as part of a team supporting traffic, bridge, drainage, and geotechnical activities
- Lead day-to-day project activities and mentor junior staff
- Manage deadlines for on – time submittals
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology
- GPA greater than 3.0
- PE in the state of West Virginia or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Four or more years of roadway design experience
- Business development experience a plus
- Strong proficiency in Microstation and Microsoft Office
- Experience in Geopak, InRoads, or Open Roads, preferred
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.