At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
B&N’s bridge engineers are nationally known for their design, inspection and rehabilitation expertise. Our work has been recognized at the local, state and national levels. In addition, Roads & Bridges Magazine ranks B&N 8th nationally on its Go-To List of Top Bridge Design Firms based on client preference. Interested in being a part of an established A/E firm? Consider applying for the Bridge Engineer position in our Parkersburg, WV office.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Lead plan production for bridge design/rehabilitation projects
- Perform design calculations and load rating of existing bridges
- Coach junior level staff and collaborate with other PE’s
- Create proposals and deliver presentations to clients
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bridge project experience with agencies such as WVDOT or ODOT
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology
- GPA greater than 3.0
- Professional Engineer registration in West Virginia or ability to obtain in 6 months
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microstation
- Software experience such as MDX, RC pier, Conspan, HEC-RAS, BAR-7, and Midas
- Willingness to perform bridge inspections is a plus
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.