Make an impact.
Your career. Our communities.
Position ID: 2660
- Minimum Experience: 10 years
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: CORSIM ; Microsoft Office ; Synchro ; Traffic
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world.
Our B&N Orlando office has provided successful solutions for projects on Interstate 4, major sections of Florida’s Coast to Coast Trail, complete streets improvement projects and is currently working on a complex Diverging Diamond Interchange in Jacksonville with unique aspects to any DDI in the country! Interested in working with some of the top transportation experts in the industry? B&N is looking for an experienced Traffic Engineer to join our growing team in Orlando. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Production of traffic related projects including signalization, lighting and/ or ITS projects for the FDOT and other central Florida transportation agencies
- Preparation of signing/pavement marking, signalization and lighting component plan sets, signal re-timing
- Develop various traffic and complete street studies as well as technical Letter of Response assistance and possible participation in shortlist presentations
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil or transportation engineering program
- PE registration in the State of Florida, or ability to be registered with reciprocity, PTOE registration desirable
- 10 + years of related traffic experience, prefer candidates with expertise in applying the HCM, FDOT FDM and the FDOT MUTS
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Software proficiency with MS Office Suite is required. Working knowledge of HCS, Synchro, SimTraffic, CORSIM, VISSIM and/or CDMS strongly preferred
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to view our
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement.