At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Interested in working with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? We're looking for an experienced Senior Drainage Engineer in our Orlando, FL office with a P.E and preferably prior FDOT experience.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Profitably lead drainage and permitting related aspects to transportation and municipal infrastructure projects in Florida
- Assist with business development and marketing of transportation clients
- Design open and closed drainage systems, stormwater management facility design and water management district permitting
- Technical development and mentoring of junior staff within the drainage and permitting arena.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental or Transportation Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- Professional Engineer registration in Florida or ability to obtain through reciprocity
- 8+ years of experience engaged in drainage design, permitting, and water quality retrofit projects in Florida for the FDOT, FDEP and USACE
- Experience with water management districts in Florida
- Business development and marketing of transportation clients with respect to drainage and permitting will be required
- Experience with ICPR, ASAD, HEC-RAS
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.