At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
B&N’s bridge engineers are nationally known for their design, inspection and rehabilitation expertise. Our work has been recognized at the local, state and national levels. In addition, Roads & Bridges Magazine ranks B&N 8th nationally on its Go-To List of Top Bridge Design Firms based on client preference. Interested in being a part of an established A/E firm? We’re looking for a Bridge Design Engineer/Project Manager in our Orlando office with 10+ years of related bridge design experience.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Bridge analysis, design and plan preparation
- Management of projects including maintaining quality control of the work product and effectively completing projects on time and within budget
- Coaching and mentoring of junior engineers through computations and plan development
- Marketing and business development including, preparation of proposals, participating in interviews and presentations, and direct interaction with existing and potential clients.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Ten or more years of bridge design and including at least 5 years of project management experience
- Professional Engineer registration
- Good communication skills and ability to work with clients in either the public or private sector
- Experience working on FDOT projects
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.