- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: BS
- Registration: Engineer Intern
- Required Skills: AutoCAD or Microstation; Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Begin your career working with some of the top civil engineering experts in the industry. Burgess & Niple is looking for an Civil Engineer, Transportation to join our team in Oklahoma City.
B&N Civil Engineer, Transportation Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and learn from experienced Professional Engineers across the country and be mentored by industry leaders in transportation and engineering infrastructure
- Engage with project stakeholders and team members on a variety of projects, which may include the design of roadway, structural, traffic, drainage, water distribution, sanitary sewer collection, and other civil projects for municipal and state clients in the region
- Be involved in the planning, analysis, design plan preparation, specifications, estimates, stakeholder engagement, permitting, construction administration, and other facets of public and private development projects
- Utilize and further develop drafting and design skills in Autodesk, Bentley, and other engineering design software packages
- Gain field experience to inspect, assess and verify infrastructure conditions, which may include documentation of construction activities, bridge inspection, utility inspection and relocations, and/or assistance with survey crews and other engineering related field activities
- Be a part of an organization that allows you to interact with clients, governing agencies, and the public so you can evolve, adapt, and contribute to the changing needs of engineering infrastructure
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited engineering program, civil engineering preferred
- 0-2 years of civil / transportation engineering experience, prior relatable internship/co-op, construction, or design experience strongly preferred
- EI/EIT certification or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MicroStation and/or AutoCAD a plus
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and willingness to collaborate. Self-motivated and adaptable to evolving client, project, and industry needs, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists, and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs, and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.