Make an impact.
Your career. Our communities.
Civil Engineer Co-op
Position ID: 2666
- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: HS
- Registration: (Not Specified)
- Required Skills: Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? We're looking for an Civil Engineer Co-op for Fall Semester 2019 to join our fast-paced, dynamic team in Louisville working on utility and transportation design projects.
What a Civil Engineer Co-op is all about:
- As an important part of the project team and under the supervision of Professional Engineers, you will utilize and further develop existing drafting skills in Microstation and/or AutoCAD on a variety of urban and rural roadway design, drainage design and surveying projects
- You can gain exposure to water and waste water projects including treatment, infiltration and inflow, pump stations, equalization basins, stormwater solutions and water or sanitary sewer line design
- You’ll increase your knowledge of utility and transportation infrastructure design in a real-life application of civil engineering
- You may be able to gain additional field experience and may travel to project sites
What you need to make an impact:
- Current Civil Engineering student at an ABET accredited college or university
- Able to work at least 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, during Fall Semester 2019
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word, AutoCAD experience is highly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in at team setting
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Housing and transportation to/from work is the responsibility of the co-op
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to view our
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement.