At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community while working under the direction of a Professional Engineer? Consider applying for the Bridge Engineer position in our Louisville, KY office.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Opportunity to serve as an inspector on major bridges.
- Participate in plan production for superstructure and substructure bridge design/rehabilitation projects.
- Perform design calculations and load rating of existing bridges.
- Collaborate with PE’s and experienced inspectors.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- One to four years of bridge engineering experience
- Engineer Intern registration
- Good communication skills and ability to work with clients in either the public or private sector
- Project experience with agencies such as KYTC or INDOT
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microstation
- Ability to obtain NHI/FHWA Bridge Inspection Two-Week, Fracture Critical, SPRAT Level 1 and OSHA Confined Space Training
- Ability to travel on project related tasks
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs. of gear and must be capable of high levels of physical exertion
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.